Senior Financial Analyst
|LOCATION:||Waterloo , ON|
U-style Development Ltd, a subsidiary of Lester Development Ltd, is a privately held, Waterloo-based real estate development and construction and management company. With the vision to make a difference in the housing sector in Southern Ontario, our focus is on creating modern, thriving and sustainable neighbourhoods in urban centers outside the GTA through the development of low rise to mid-rise residential buildings. We strive for excellence in all the projects we do while generating values for residents, communities and our investors.
Currently we are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst–Real Estate Development, who will work directly with the president and the shareholders to support a wide array of initiatives and projects within our dynamic growing team to help develop and execute our long-term development strategy. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player, with a passion for real estate development and investments, ability to recruit investors/capital and manage relationships, and, at the same time, provide comprehensive and in-depth analysis to support and inform our project evaluations, capital investment planning and other decision-making processes across the business lines of Lester Development.
The Responsibilities of this multi-functional role focus on supporting our development projects and initiatives by contributing to financial and market analyses as well as our capital raising strategy and investor relation management.
- Work closely with stakeholders and provide critical input and influence for company decision making on development projects through qualitative and quantitative analysis on relevant internal and external data, including scenarios and sensitivity analysis, highest/best use of site/land and overall project feasibility reviews
- Support the planning and implementation of the capital raising strategy and activities for our projects and initiatives by proactively bringing in existing relationships and developing new strategic relationships with various sources/segments of investment capital
- Manage investor relationships and deliver best-in-class investor experience by clear articulation of value proposition and regular reporting/communication.
- Lead the development and updating of sophisticated and robust financial models to support the planning of development projects, including achievement targets and other payback analysis
- Participate in key project decisions and project management meetings through the entire development life cycle to ensure the project is delivering on time and on budget
- Track project under development by monitoring the ongoing cost-to-complete process and conducting constructive review of project reporting and providing analysis on variance and reconciliations
- Work with other team members to ensure accuracy of information provided and evaluate options to improve the profitability of the current and future development projects
- Keep abreast of the real estate investment landscape, industry trends, market opportunities, and investor needs
- Assist with various other tasks as needed.
- Strong skills in creating and analyzing financial models and ability to interpret and apply analytical findings
- University degree in Finance, Business/Commerce, or related discipline
- Superior time-management, organizational and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills with a successful track record in working with internal and external team
- Ability to access private investment capital in the domestic and international capital market from high net worth individuals/investors, private equity organizations or other funds sources would be a great asset.
- Previous experience working with a real estate developer/asset manager, advisory firm, or institutional lender is desirable
- Proactive self starter with proven problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, power point, and proficiency in ARGUS Enterprise an asset
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Compensation: CAD$72,000-78,000 annually, commensurate with qualifications
We welcome and appreciate all applications; however, only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
E-mail: [email protected]