Full Job Description
Brighter Futures Start here
As Australia’s most loved retailer, we’ve been brightening up everyday life for families for over 50 years. Our diverse and inclusive team come together for a common cause. Giving families easy access to our on-trend products and incredibly low prices – it’s the heart of everything we do. We celebrate your uniqueness and individuality. Because at Kmart it’s not just what you do, it’s who you are that makes everyday living brighter.
We are looking for fun, enthusiastic and engaging team members who are passionate about providing excellent service to our customers to join our team working in store.
At Kmart, we have all kinds of roles available across our stores, and we do our best to match your interests and capabilities to a position that suits you.
You’ll get the opportunity to work in a variety of different areas of the store, such as:
- on the sales floor
- at the front registers
- assisted checkouts or customer service desk
- in the fitting rooms
- Back of store in the reserves
Skills and Experience:
- You’re a team player who works well with others
- You have a positive attitude and are keen to represent the Kmart brand with the aim to provide everyone that comes into store with a great interaction that brightens up their day
- You are proactive and take initiative
- You are passionate about keeping your store looking tidy and organised
- Our store roles require you to lift and move around product
Perks and benefits we’ll offer you:
- A team member discount card that gives you a discount at 10% at Kmart, 5% Target and up to 5% at Bunnings and Officeworks.
- 50% off selected clothing and footwear for personal use.
- A free OnePass membership offering free delivery across Kmart, Target & Catch on eligible products.
- Access to the Kmart for You benefits program which entitles you to exclusive discounts and benefits in the areas of entertainment, travel, lifestyle, and health – with over 60 suppliers!
- We want you to feel rewarded for your commitment and hard work that’s why everyone gets the opportunity to participate in a bonus program.
- Kudos is Kmart’s recognition program, where you are nominated by your peers and the winner of each category can spin a wheel, to win a stack of cool prizes.
How to apply:
To work as a team member in one of our Australian stores, you’ll start by:
- Registering your details
- Completing a short quiz.
By registering your interest, you will be joining our talent pool.
We can then reach out to you directly when a role becomes available in a store near you that suits the availability you entered. Register your interest here:
Register for our National Talent Pool HERE
When will you hear from us next?
Once you have joined our talent pool it may take a while before your chosen store requires new team members at the specific time that matches your availability that you entered. This may mean it could be a few weeks before we get in touch. But rest assured that you will be front of mind.